Who says a great date means emptying your wallet? There are several ways you and your date can kick off for a great time together without spending a dime. Here are seven free date ideas for your next rendezvous around the city:
1. Take a hike. Grab a pair of comfortable shoes, a water bottle and your partner's hand (optional) as you head out to one of Georgia's gorgeous trails. Not only will you both get a great workout in, but you also might just stumble across some of Atlanta's beautiful cascading waterfalls. And yes, the views are definitely Instagram-worthy.
2. Enjoy an evening of free entertainment at one of the High Museum of Art's free outdoor performances. Now that the colorful installation "Los Trompos" has been installed on the Sifly Piazza, the museum is holding live performances by the Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Ballet, musician Ben Coleman and more.
Don't worry if you missed the installation. The High always has something exciting going on.
3. Hit Central Park at Atlantic Station for movie night. Forget the traditional fancy dinner and movie — flicks go even better with picnics. Every Thursday night at dusk — if weather permits — Atlantic Station holds Movies in Central Park. If you forget to bring something to sit on, a limited number of fleece blankets are available to borrow during the movie.
4. Explore the Beltline. Whether you and your partner choose to bring your bikes or just go for a romantic walk down the 22-mile loop, you can both enjoy the Beltline's unique art installations and can even walk to the Beltline's famous Historic Fourth Ward Park. If you're feeling hungry, stop and indulge in Krog Street Market's many restaurants and shops.
5. Have a picnic or attend a free summer fest at Piedmont Park. The park holds several fun and free festivals, like the annual Atlanta Jazz Festival, a popular musical showcase celebrating both jazz legends and up-and-coming musicians.
If all you're looking for is a quiet and romantic afternoon, opt for one of the event-free weekends and have your own private picnic somewhere along the 185-acre park.
6. Go for an art stroll through Castleberry Hill. There are few things as romantic as a simple stroll. On the second Friday each month, Castleberrry Hill opens an evening art stroll perfect for a relaxing yet cultural date night. Visit local, diverse galleries and breathe in all the talent the city has to offer.
7. In the summer, spend your Sunday night at a Sunset Sessions concert. If you and your date are both music lovers and 21 or older, you can take advantage of this free concert series that runs through early September. Expect a lineup of incredible alternative music and a lively end to the weekend.