- Kelly Sundstrom For the AJC
To find the best Black Friday deals on gifts this year, you'll want to know what you're looking for and be on the ball now until Thanksgiving Day.
Luckily, many of the best Black Friday ads have leaked, allowing you to get started early on your shopping lists and create a plan of action.
Don't miss these top deals from some of the most popular retailers that will be going on Black Friday (and in some cases are available now):
Opens 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, open on Black Friday
See the Target Black Friday ad
The top Target deal:
- Canon Rebel T6 DSLR bundle: $449.99, reg. $749.99
- Xbox One S 500GB with $25 gift card: $189.99, reg. $279.99
- Jetson V12 All-Terrain Hoverboard: $199, reg. $299.99
- GoPro HERO5 Black with $50 gift card: $349.99, reg. $399.99
- DJI Spark Mini Drone: $399, reg. $499
- PlayStation VR Headset Powered by PS4: $199.99, reg. $299.99
- NERF N-Strike Elite Rapid Strike blaster: $19.99 BOGO Here are the Target Black Friday sales you can jump on before Black Friday.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, opens 9 a.m. on Black Friday
See the Costco Black Friday ad
The top Costco deal:
- HP Pavilion 15.6" 1080p Touchscreen Windows 10 Professional Laptop: $799.99, reg. $1149.99
- Dyson Ball Animal + Upright Vacuum: $269.99, reg. $399.99
HP Pavilion 15.6" 1080p Touchscreen Windows 10 Professional Laptop: $50 Off
Fitbit Charge 2 Activity Tracker with Additional Band: $99.99, reg. $149.99
Xbox One S Bundle (two controllers, 3-month game pass): $219.99, reg. $299.99
DJI Mavic Pro Aerial Camera Bundle: $100 Off
Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Console: $189.99, reg. $289.99
Opens 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, open Black Friday
See the Kohl's Black Friday ad
The top Kohl's deal:
- Samsung 55" 4K Ultra HD Smart TV Model UN55MU6290 + $150 Kohl's Cash: $499.99, reg. $999.99
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera with Wi-Fi connectivity + $135 Kohl's Cash: $449.99, reg. $749.99
Haier 55" 4K Ultra HDTV + $90 Kohl's Cash: $299.99, reg. $399.99
Xbox One S 500GB Console + $45 Kohl's Cash: $189.99, reg. $279.99
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband + $30 Kohl's Cash: $99.99, reg. $149.99
- Victrola 6-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player: $89.99, reg. $129.99
Holiday Motorized Train Set: $34.99, reg. $99.99 Here are other Kohl’s deals to look out for now until Black Friday.
Opens 11 a.m. Thanksgiving Day, open Black Friday
See the Dell Black Friday ad
The top Dell deal:
- Alienware 17: $1,599.99, reg. $2074.99
Inspiron 14 3000: $129.99, reg. $249.99
Dell 32 Monitor - D3218HN: $169.99, reg. $349.99
Inspiron Gaming Desktop: $499.99, reg. $649.99
Samsung 55" 4K Smart HDR Ultra HDTV + $100 Dell Promo eGift Card: $599.99, reg. $799.99
- Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Bluetooth Speaker: $99.99, reg. $199.99
Inspiron 24 3000 Touch: $549.99, reg. $749.99 Here’s more on Dell deals to keep an eye on.
Opens 3 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, open Black Friday
See the JCPenney Black Friday ad
The top JCPenney deal:
- 1-Carat T.W. Diamond Swirl 14K Yellow Gold Stud Earrings: $376.99, reg. $1624.98
Samsung 55" Class UHD 4K HDR LED Smart HDTV: $499.99, reg. $699.99
Samsung 26 Cubic Foot 3-Door French Door Refrigerator RF260BEAESR/AA: $995, reg. $1999
- Epicurious 11-Piece Aluminum Nonstick Set: $99.99, reg. $380
North Pole Trading Co. 7-foot Cyprus LED Color Changing Christmas Tree: $69.99, reg. $180
Skyrider Falcon 2 Pro Drone with Camera: $29.99, reg. $79
Playstation 4 1TB Console: $199.99, reg. $299.99 Here’s more on JC Penney’s deals to keep an eye on.
Here’s how to capitalize on Black Friday deals:
Use discounted gift cards.
Along with all the deals you'll score this Black Friday, you can save even further by using discounted gift cards when you shop. Before you hit the stores, visit Gift Card Granny to find gift cards at a reduced price. This one-stop shop will help you locate the best-discounted gift cards available on multiple sites so that you'll save the most money possible. If you're already planning on spending a significant amount of money on Black Friday, you could end up saving a lot of money by using discounted gift cards for your purchases.
Create a plan.
Don't just show up at your favorite store hoping to find the best Black Friday deals. If you really want to get the most for your money, create a plan so that you know what you need to purchase, which stores offer the best discounts and doorbusters and in what order you'll shop.
Leave the kids at home.
Let's face it, bringing your kids along can really turn a well-planned shopping trip into an exhausting excursion. Long lines, chaotic crowds and late hours can wreak havoc on anyone's patience but are especially tough on young children. Though they might want to come along on Black Friday, do everyone a favor and hire a sitter.
Ditch the cart.
It's hard enough to weave a shopping cart through the aisles of a store on a normal day, but during Black Friday it's simply maddening. Not only that, but you'll lose precious time in the process. This year, bring along reusable shopping bags instead of using a cart whenever possible.View full experience