Average Mother’s Day spending has been on the rise since 2009, according to data from the National Retail Federation. Last year, shoppers were expected to spend an average of $169 on a gift for mom. That may sound like a lot of ducats if you’re on a budget, so here are some great gift ideas for mom — all under $100.
- Vegan leather bags by Emilie M. are the perfect fashion accessory for mom. Many bags are under $100. The Natalie Ostrich Shopper offers organization and style for $80. Add the essentials kit (a six-piece set including wallet, scarf, key ring and more) for only $25. And when you purchase for Mother’s Day, 5 percent of proceeds go toward Every Mother Counts, the nonprofit founded by Christy Turlington Burns to make childbirth safe for all women. Shop online at www.emiliemshop.com.
- Luna & Stella birthstone jewelry offers a range of options for mom for under $100. The star birthstone earrings — $88 for sterling silver and $98 for gold vermeil — are available at www.lunaandstella.com.
- If mom’s a tea lover, give her a pot that will last. The Unikko 50th anniversary teapot from Marimekko features a pot, strainer and wood-knobbed lid made of hard porcelain. It costs $98 at www.usstore.marimekko.com.
- Diamonds for under $100? Get classic diamond solitaire earrings in round or princess cut 14k gold starting at $75 for one-fifth carat. You’ll also get $10 back in Kohl’s Cash when you shop before April 30. The earrings are available in-store or online at www.kohls.com.
- Send a bouquet of bite-sized cupcakes from Baked by Melissa featuring three floral-themed cupcakes — Daffodil, Lilac and Orchid. The Mother’s Day Pack includes 25 cupcakes for $20 and is available from May 5-11 at www.BakedbyMelissa.com.
- Mom can make her next escape with monogrammed travel bags from the Chelsea Collection by Mud Pie. The cotton canvas weekender, tote, clutch and pouch are trimmed with vegan leather and can be monogrammed with a single initial. The collection is available locally at Ivy Lane, 3605 Sandy Plains Road, and Casabella, 4400 Roswell Road, both in Marietta.
The pink and white swirls of the LUSH Rose Bubble Bar release a lemon and rose scent when added to bath water. Ingredients such as organic cocoa butter soften the skin. One bar (good for two baths if you cut it in half) is $4.95 at LUSH counters and www.lushusa.com.
A Monogram Jewelry Box from C. Wonder will keep her most treasured items secure. The lacquered box has velvet lining and a goldtone initial monogram. It costs $78 at C. Wonder in Lenox Square or www.cwonder.com.
Why settle for any old flowers when you can send your mom a floral arrangement by Vera Wang? The partnership with FTD offers arrangements of roses, hydrangeas and more starting at $59.99. See www.FTD.com for details.
The Laura Mercier Verbena Infusion collection was inspired by the countryside of Provence. Notes of citrus and spearmint mix with florals and cedarwood for a refreshing scent. The collection includes Eau de Toilette, $55, Gel Body Moisture, $45, and Creme Body Cleanse, $30. It is available at Woo Skincare and Cosmetics, 2339 Peachtree Road N.E., Atlanta. 404-477-5000.
Discuss online: ajc.com/go/bargains. Our Deal Spotter section in Thursday’s AJC is full of great local deals and exclusive offers.