You could trade those chocolates for cellos.
The Marietta-based Georgia Symphony Orchestra is offering a way for you and yours to be real fancy for Valentine’s Day with its “Heartstrings” performance.
It gets its name from the string-heavy lineup which, according to the GSO website, will include the following pieces:
• Edward Elgar, “Serenade for Strings”
• Karl Jenkins, “Palladio mvt. I”
• Victor Herbert, “Serenade mvts. III and V”
• Gerald Finzi, “Romance in E flat”
• Claude Debussy “Danse Sacrée et Danse Profane” with a featured performance by harpist Julie Koenig
• Gustav Mahler, “Adagietto from Symphony No. 5”
The show will be at 8 p.m. on Feb. 10 — the Saturday before the mushy day — at the Bailey Performance Center, located at 488 Prillaman Way on the Kennesaw State University campus.
Adults can get tickets for between $20 and $30; student tickets are $10. Tickets can be purchased online.