- Becca J. G. Godwin The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Last updated at 10:25 a.m.
Atlanta residents woke up Wednesday to find mostly everything coated in white after about an inch of snow fell across parts of the city.
The roads are icy, and numerous businesses have decided to close as a result.
Atlanta government offices and municipal courts are also closed, as are all Atlanta University Center institutions, including Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College and Spelman College. Emory University, including Oxford College, is closed. Atlanta Public Schools isn't operating today, either.
Also closed Wedenesday:
· Modern Mystic
· Paws Atlanta
· The Porsche Experience Center Atlanta
· High Museum of Art
· Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System
· Childern’s Healthcare of Atlanta urgent care centers are closed. The Egleston, Hughes Spalding and Scottish Rite hospitals remain open.
· Eyeworks of Atlanta
· All 17 Atlanta Allergy & Asthma offices
· All Doc Chey’s locations
· The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta
· Superica Krog Street and Buckhead will be closed for lunch
· Morning performances of “Dinosaur” at the Alliance Theatre (scheduled for 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.), have been canceled. The theater is still evaluating whether to reschedule evening performances of “Native Guard,” which was to be performed at the Atlanta History Center.
· The Fernbank Science Museum will have a delayed opening.
· The Ponce City Market shuttle is not operating Wednesday morning. MARTA bus routes 2 and 102 can be used as an alternative from the North Ave. MARTA station.
· Highland Yoga’s noon classes are cancelled at Buckhead and Grant Park.
Stay with AJC.com for more weather updates.