If you're looking for an opportunity to show your gratitude for the men and women who sacrificed so much in defense of freedom, don't miss this year's Georgia Veterans Day Parade.
The Georgia Veterans Association, Inc. will be hosting the 35th annual Georgia Veterans Day Parade in downtown Atlanta Saturday, Nov. 12. The parade is one of the oldest continuous Veterans Day celebrations in Georgia, and it's just one of many community events celebrating Veterans Day across metro Atlanta and north Georgia. Because the holiday falls on a Friday this year, some events are happening that day and others, like the big downtown Atlanta parade, are taking place during the weekend.
RELATED: Where to find more Veterans Day events in metro Atlanta
More about the Georgia Veterans Parade
The United Services Organization has been providing support to our active duty military forces around the globe. From airport locations and military bases throughout the world to battlefields in distant lands, the USO has been there for our military. We are so proud to pay special honors to this outstanding organization and its thousands of volunteers worldwide.
PARADE TIME AND ROUTE:
Saturday's parade will begin at 11:11 a.m. on Peachtree Street, south of Ralph McGill and Ivan Allen Boulevard. It will continue south on Peachtree Street, then turn right on Baker Street toward Centennial Olympic Park, the World of Coca Cola, and Georgia Aquarium. From Baker Street, the parade will turn left onto Marietta Street and end at the intersection of Centennial Olympic Park Drive and Marietta Street.
Find a map of the route below:
According to the website, spectators can park in one of the many pay lots located near Centennial Olympic Park, close to the parade's reviewing stand, which will be on Baker Street between the World of Coca Cola and Georgia Aquarium. Spectators may also consider parking at either of the attraction parking lots. Note that area streets may start closing as early as 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 for parade, so allow extra time to park.
You also have the opportunity to book parking ahead of time to get a guaranteed spot. Purchase a parking pass here.
MARCHING BANDS, SCHOOLS AND ORGANIZATIONS TO WATCH:
- Lovejoy High School AFJROTC
- Ronald E. McNair High School AFJROTIC Unit GA-936
- Girl Scout Brownie Troop #13715 (Heards Ferry Elementary School, 3rd grade)
- Langston Hughes High School JROTC
- Sandy Creek High School AFJROTIC
- Towers High School AFJROTC
- Cartersville High School Purple Hurricane Marching Band
- Columbia High School NJROTC
- Cross Keys High School NJROTC
- Stephenson High School NJROTC
- Druid Hills High School NROTC
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lithonia High School NJROTC
- Riverdale High School AFJROTC GA Unit 792
- Southwest DeKalb High School NJROTC
- Riverside Military Academy
- Grace Snell Middle School
- Pinckneyville Middle School
- Shiloh Middle School
- Summerour Middle School
- Cub Scout Pack 650
- Forest Park High School AFROTC Unit GA-032
- Baldwin High School NJROTC
- Decatur High School JROTC
- Twilight Twirlers of Marietta, Georgia
- Mt. Zion High School AFJROTC
- Cub Scout Pack 7250
- Central Georgia Mounted Color Guard
Can't make it to the big parade, but still want to honor the veterans? Here are some more Veterans Day events around metro Atlanta.