Remember that New Year’s resolution? You know, the one to “do better this time” and “lose a few pounds” this year.
We’re sure you’re doing great, but just in case you needed some help, the city of Kennesaw has your back.
The city announced Monday that it is offering nine free outdoor workouts ranging from tai chi to a “boot camp” session.
This is the fifth year Kennesaw has offered the outdoor workout series “designed to encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyles.”
Workouts will be near the main plaza and last about an hour. All ages are welcomed, but children must be accompanied by an adult.
There’s no registration required, but be sure to have on comfortable clothing, athletic shoes and sunscreen. And bring an exercise mat, towel, water bottle or sports drink to stay hydrated.
Here’s the schedule:
- 9 a.m Saturday, April 29: tai chi with Sachi Hirata
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 2: yoga with Cashe Harris
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 9: tai chi chuan with Phil Robinson
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 16: summer fitness camp with Atlanta workout company Fit to Be
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 23: “Walking & Stretching” with local running coach business Balanced Running
- 9 a.m. Saturday, June 3: strength training with Balanced Running
- 9 a.m. Saturday, June 10: cardio karate with Phil Robinson
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 13: boot camp with Fit to Be
- 9 a.m. Saturday, June 24: cardio kickboxing with Cece Evans