- Becca J. G. Godwin The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
More than 90 historical sites and museums across Georgia will open for free this weekend.
The statewide celebration of “Super Museum Sunday” allows guests to check out the cultural sites at no charge. The yearly event helps mark the end of the Georgia History Festival, a six-month educational program.
Here are the participating places in metro Atlanta:
• Millennium Gate Museum; 395 17th St. NW, Atlanta
• SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion & Film; 1600 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta
• Seven Springs Museum at the Bodiford House; 4355 Marietta St., Powder Springs
• Marietta Museum of History; 1 Depot St., Marietta
• Museum of History and Holocaust Education at Kennesaw State University; 3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw
• William Root House Museum and Garden; 80 N. Marietta Parkway NW, Marietta
• Pickett’s Mill Battlefield Historic Site; 4432 Mt Tabor Church Road, Dallas