- Ben Brasch The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
This is the 26th year the Marietta Museum of History is hosting the free event on the city’s historic square. (Museum admission is also free all weekend.)
The event runs on Saturday from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Below you’ll find what you need to be better prepared than the rest of the estimated 15,000 attendees.
• Be aware of the hours if you’re coming primarily to check out the more than 75 vendors selling arts and crafts, including: paintings, jewelry, pottery along with jellies, jams and sauces. The market starts at 9 a.m. on Saturday and at 11 a.m. Sunday, with both days ending at 5 p.m.
• The 13th Hubcaps and History Classic Car Show usually draws retro vehicles of all types. It’ll run Saturday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Winners will be announced at the end.
• For children, there will be inflatable slides, magic shows, juggling performances, stations to make art they can take home. Those activities run during the same times as the vendor market.
• Free parking is available in the decks at Waddell and Lawrence streets. And the address for Marietta Square to plug into your GPS is: 50 N. Park Square, Marietta, Ga., 30060.