Pack up the kids, forget your diet and have a hoot of a north Georgia time.
The North Georgia State Fair begins today at Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta and runs until Oct. 2.
So be more informed than the estimated 300,000 fairgoers who are looking for things to do in Atlanta this weekend:
- See exactly just what the lineup of performances and attractions will be each day. Don't get stuck posting a picture of Frankie Ballard (Thursday, Sept. 29, 8 p.m.) to Instagram when you really wanted one of Granger Smith (Saturday, Sept. 24, 8 p.m.)
- Parking is $3, so budget accordingly.
- If you want to see the "K-9's in Flight" show featuring the "top amazing K-9 sports" or "Lady Houdini" escape out of a water torture cell or watch the "Sea Lion Splash" performance and try not to smile. If you want to maximize your time and make sure you fit in all the activites you can, check the website for performance times.
- See the ticket pricing breakdown.
- And if you don't want to go to sleep with a hankering for fried food because, here are the hours:
Thursday, Sept. 22: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 23: 4 p.m. to midnight
Saturday, Sept. 24: 10 a.m. to midnight
Sunday, Sept. 25: 12:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Monday through Thursday, Sept. 26 to Sept. 29: 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 30: 4 p.m. to midnight
Saturday, Oct. 1: 10 a.m. to midnight
Sunday, Oct. 2: 12:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.