- Stephanie Toone The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The National Park Service is commemorating it’s 100th birthday by offering free admission to several nature and historical sites on Monday and eight other days this year.
More things to do on Presidents Day:
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area is one of the four Georgia sites that will waive its admission fee on Presidents Day and dates in April, August, September and November.
Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park in Oglethorpe,
Cumberland Island National Seashore in St. Mary’s
Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park The savings offered at the 400 parks around the country ranges between $3 to $30 per
These are the dates to mark your calendar for free entry into these nature and historical sites in 2017:
• February 20: Presidents' Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
The full list of Georgia parks offering free admission as a part of the campaign can be found here.
RECOMMENDED VIDEO: Georgia’s hidden treasures: National parks