- Stephanie Toone The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Instead of just draining your pockets for your favorite Atlanta cuisine, you now can be rewarded with everyone’s favorite thing besides food: cold hard cash.
Yelp, restaurant-reviewing juggernaut, launched a cash-back rewards program in December, which offers from 7-10 percent cash back rewards to diners at more than 8,000 restaurants across the country. Yelp has partnered with third-party consumer services Emypyr site to make the money-making dining possible.
About 150 restaurants in Atlanta have enrolled in the cash-back rewards program, including hot spots like Hudson Grille, Grindhouse Killer Burgers, One Midtown Kitchen and more.
Here’s the rundown on how it works:
1. Sign up Yelp.com by linking a credit or debit card.
2. Check Yelp.com for local restaurants offering cash back rewards. Look for the green icon that denotes the cash back percentage.
3. At participating restaurants, use your linked card.
4. Get cash back automatically without using a “cashback” app.
5. Yelp will credit any cash back earned to the primary linked payment card by the 18th day of the following month.
6. You can add or remove cards and switch which card is your primary at any time by logging in to your account.
7. Added bonus: There's no limit to the number of cards you can link to your Yelp cash-back account, so you can add your primary card and a card that already offers reward benefits for extra savings.
Note: Cash back is only available at food and drink establishments, like restaurants, bars, and cafes.View full experience