The best shop in the South is known for its hand-picked goods, Southern hospitality and European tastes.
Based on more than 22,000 online reader surveys, Southern Living created its first-ever listing for the best-loved places in 13 different categories.
Here’s what Southern Living had to say about its big winner:
“Our winner, The Paris Market, stands as our community's favorite (and our staff’s too) for its ability to blend Southern hospitality with European aesthetics. Whether it’s scooping lavender buds into cloth sacks near the cash register, finding an instant dose of aromatherapy through their candle collection, or admiring the mix of french antiques in the basement level, this shop and all of our winners provide not only an escape, but inspiration– and just that certain something we didn’t know we needed.”
ShopSCAD is a unique retail gallery that often features work created by the Savannah College of Art and Design community, according to the shop’s website.
The Paris Market and Brocante (Savannah, Georgia)
- Draper James (Nashville, Tennessee)
- ScreenDoor (Asheville, North Carolina)
- ShopSCAD (Savannah, Georgia)
- White’s Mercantile (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Charleston GardenWorks (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Rifle Paper Co. (Winter Park, Florida)
- The Commons (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Uncommon Objects (Austin, Texas)
- The Art of Simple (Seaside, Florida)