- Fiza Pirani The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The best shop in the South is known for its hand-picked goods, Southern hospitality and European tastes.
Based on more than 22,000 online reader surveys, Southern Living created its first-ever listing for the best-loved places in 13 different categories.
Here’s what Southern Living had to say about its big winner:
ShopSCAD is a unique retail gallery that often features work created by the Savannah College of Art and Design community, according to the shop’s website.
The Paris Market and Brocante (Savannah, Georgia)
- Draper James (Nashville, Tennessee)
- ScreenDoor (Asheville, North Carolina)
- ShopSCAD (Savannah, Georgia)
- White’s Mercantile (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Charleston GardenWorks (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Rifle Paper Co. (Winter Park, Florida)
- The Commons (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Uncommon Objects (Austin, Texas)
- The Art of Simple (Seaside, Florida)