By now you may have heard about the most recent gaming craze “Pokemon Go,” and may have even embraced the trend.
Whether you’re an expert Pokemon trainer or are learning about the game, don’t fret. You are not alone.
So grab a friend, family member or stranger and catch them all at these Atlanta “Pokemon Go” events (safety first, of course).
1. Piedmont Park Meet 'n Greet: this casual meetup is perfect for those new to Pokemon. Hosted by Pokemon Go Atlanta, this is a chance for people to tour the park and get help finding Pokemon. The group encourages people to bring their dogs, too.
The event will be held tonight from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park.
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
2. Pokémon Go Fit Camp: Grab your sneakers and catch Pokemon while trekking Stone Mountain. Remember to take water and have your “Pokemon Go” app ready.
This “Pokemon Go” journey will begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 23 at Stone Mountain State Park.
3. “Pokemon Go” Bar Crawl: What can be better than drinks, food and Pokemon? You will have the opportunity to learn about the game and catch more than 1,000 Pokemon at this Midtown crawl hosted by Atlanta Bar Crawls. Tickets run from $10 to $35, depending on the type (regular, VIP or super VIP).
Tickets include drink and food specials at 10 Midtown bars, a Koozie and bar crawl map with all the information needed to optimize your Pokemon search. Atlanta Bar Crawls purchased more than 50 lures throughout the route and at each of the participating bars. The list will be given to you with a lanyard at registration. VIP tickets include a portable cell phone charger (yours to keep) and super VIP tickets include the portable cellphone charger, a t-shirt or tank top and sunglasses.
Details on participating bars and drink specials are on the "Pokemon Go" Bar Crawl Facebook page. click here.
The event will start at Fado Irish Pub, 273 Buckhead Ave. NE, on Saturday July 23 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
4. “Pokemon Go” 5K Walk/Run: Catch Pokemon at this free 5K walk/run hosted by CPR Atlanta (cell phone repair). Prizes will be given to the rarest Pokemon caught during the 5K, most Pokemon caught, most eggs hatched and best cosplay.
Head over to the Atlanta Belt Line at 100 Peachtree Street NW on Sunday, July 24 at 2 p.m.
Six Flags Over Georgia spokesman Gene Petriello said half-priced admission ($32.99 plus tax) will be offered all day for those who show the Pokemon Go app at the ticket window. Season pass holders can take a friend for $9.99 all day.
“Pokemon Go” players can enter the park an hour early and have the opportunity to visit the park’s more than 20 Pokestops and three gym locations. Goliath and Dare Devil Dive (no virtual reality) rollercoasters will be also be available to ride during the hour of early entry (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
Pokemon inspired food and games will be available, including Pokemon Pokeball Candy Apples.
The park officially opens at 10:30 a.m. The event will be held on Thursday, July 28. Six Flags Over Georgia has also developed a guide for players to make the best out of their Pokemon experience at the park.
6. “Pokemon Go” Tattoo Day: Have you ever wanted a Pokemon tattoo, but just couldn’t find a good deal? If so, Empyrean Tattoo will make your dreams come true.
Choose a Pokemon tattoo from a predetermined flat sheet starting at $50 on a walk-in first come, first serve basis. The shop will open at 11:30 a.m. to start a waiting list, and tattooing will begin at noon.
Sandy Springs Diner will be offering a 15 percent off deal and Big Bang Vape will be offering 25 percent off all e-liquid to those participating in the tattoo event. There are two Pokestops in the tattoo parking lot, and the shop will be popping lures all day.
Tattoo day will be held on Saturday July 30 at Empyrean Tattoo located at 8610 Roswell Road in Sandy Springs.
Battle & Brew is a gym and there are 4 pokestops located in the shopping center. Team Pokemon-themed shots will be available and bar lights will change to match the gym leaders.
Make sure to show-off your fresh Pokemon tattoos, because there will be a 15 percent discount for those who participated in the Empyrean Tattoo “Pokemon Go” day.
Pokemon Go Atlanta will also be hosting a team raffle for the team with the most donations at the end of the night. Winners of the cosplay contest can also win a prize.
The event will take place from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday, July 31. Battle & Brew is located at 5920 Roswell Road in Sandy Springs. You must be at least 18-years-old to enter the bar after 5 p.m.