Looking for the best burger in town? This week is your chance to find it.
The Georgia Beef Board and Creative Loafing are kicking off their annual ATL Burger Week event today across the city. From now through Sunday, April 29, Atlantans can visit over 40 participating restaurants to score $5 burgers all week.
Just like last year, burger lovers have the opportunity to vote for their favorite burger through atlburgerweek.com. The website also has a tool to help you map out your burger destinations so you can be sure to hit all of the spots close home. Or work. Or both.
You can even win prizes for visiting five or more places on the list, so you want to put your game face on. In addition to discounted burgers, some participating restaurants are partnering with Evan Williams Peach to offer $5 Peach Bourbon cocktails throughout the week as well.
Here's a quick list of a few restaurants you might want to try:
1. Smith's Olde Bar, Midtown – This restaurant placed in the top three favorite burgers during last year's ATL Burger Week.
2. Atkins Park, Virginia Highlands – If your burger craving strikes you after hours, don't worry. Atkins Park is open until 3 am on most days.
3. The Imperial Bar, Decatur – Remember those Peach Bourbon cocktails we mentioned? The Imperial is one of the participating restaurants where you can score a $5 burger and that $5 drink.
4. Village Burger, OTP – All three Village Burger locations in Dunwoody, Johns Creek and Tucker are participating in ATL Burger Week this year.
5. Sublime Doughnuts, Midtown – Yep! You read that right. Sublime Doughnuts makes gelato "burgers" with doughnut buns. You can try one for $5 this week.
If you're new to ATL Burger Week, the organizers have gathered a "5 Commandments for Burger Lovers" on the website to prepare diners for some of the high volume expected at the locations participating. For quick reference, here's what you can expect:
- Prepare for the possibility that participating restaurants may run out of their ATL Burger Week burger toward the end of a shift.
- ATL Burger Week is a pretty big deal, so anticipate long waits.
- Tips are heavily encouraged.
- All burgers will be a la carte, so expect to pay extra for toppings in most cases.
- Keep up with ATL Burger Week updates and pictures by following @ATLBurgerWeek and #ATLBurgerWeek.
To enter to win a prize from the ATL Burger Week team, all you have to do is print off your passport and get it stamped at five or more participating restaurants during ATL Burger Week. Once that's done, drop your passport in the mail by May 5.