For many children, going to see Santa at the mall can be one of the most thrilling experiences of the holiday season.
They wait in line for what seems like an eternity, watching as other children seem to trade secrets with the luminous man clothed in velvety red and white. Anticipation builds until suddenly it’s their turn, and moments later they’re hoisted onto Santa’s lap.
If the parent is lucky, their child’s smile remains in place as the kid rattles off what they want for Christmas this year. But oftentimes the excitement is just too much, and a monster meltdown erupts, with impeccable timing, right as the picture takes.
Either way, the family walks away with a photo that they’ll proudly display for countless Decembers to come.
Families across metro Atlanta malls have many options for where to catch St. Nick in Atlanta through Christmas Eve. Here are some, complete with pertinent details.
· Lenox Square Mall at Macy's court, 3393 Peachtree Road NE; reservations available at simonsanta.com with photo packages starting at $24.99
· Greenbriar Mall at the Burlington Stage, 2841 Greenbriar Pkwy. SW; photos begin Saturday; reservations available at celebrateyourholiday.com; photo packages are $29.99 ($24.99 on discount days)
· Atlantic Station at Central Park, 1380 Atlantic Drive NW; photos begin Saturday; reservations available at santasfastpass.com; photo packages start at $24.99
· North Point Mall at Center Court, 1000 North Point Circle; reservations available at celebrateyourholiday.com with photo packages for $39.99 ($34.99 on discount days)
· Avalon at Palmer Plaza, 400 Avalon Blvd.; photos begin Monday; hours at experienceavalon.com/events/calendar/; walk-ups only; photo packages start at $35
See the 2017 Black Friday hours for Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza
· The Mall at Stonecrest near Foot Locker, 2929 Turner Hill Road, photos begin Saturday; hours at mallatstonecrest.com/events; no reservations; photo packages start at $17.95
· Perimeter Mall at Nordstrom court, 4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road; reservations available at celebrateyourholiday.com; photo packages are $39.99 ($34.99 on discount days)
Here are the 6 snowiest days in the history of Cobb County
· Town Center at Cobb at food court main entrance, 400 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy. NW; reservations available at simonsanta.com; photo packages start at $24.99
· Cumberland Mall near center court, 2860 Cumberland Mall SE; begins Saturday; reservations available at celebrateyourholiday.com; photo packages are $34.99 ($29.99 on discount days)
How Gwinnett prepares for winter weather (and what you should do)
· Sugarloaf Mills at AMC Theatres court, 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy.; reservations available at simonsanta.com; photo packages start at $24.99
· Mall of Georgia at Von Maur court, 3333 Buford Drive NE; reservations available at simonsanta.com; photo packages start at $24.99
Note: Santa is generally off on Thanksgiving, but check with the venue for more information.
The Best Christmas Toys of the Last 60 Years