Firefighters in Chicago are reminding those who are shoveling out from snow to not neglect one area of the car.
>> Read more trending news
Officials with the Chicago Fire Department took to Twitter to remind people out shoveling to clear out the area around tailpipes. They said if you don’t, a car could turn into a “death chamber,” WMAQ reported.
That’s because the snow could block the exhaust from escaping, instead making it back up into the car.
During a storm in 2016, several people died from carbon monoxide poisoning, WABC reported.
After less than a minute and a half, a car registered dangerous levels of carbon monoxide inside the vehicle during an unscientific test the New York station conducted.