Fireworks in garbage caused destructive house fire, officials say

Fireworks discarded in a trash can led to a destructive fire that damaged two homes in Michigan.

The fire was so intense that it caused the side of one house to melt and ruined the garage and other rooms in the house next door, WXYZ reported.

>> Read more trending news

There were no injuries, but the property damage was estimated to be $150,000, WXYZ reported. 

Firefighters said people should dispose of fireworks in a bucket filled with water and place the bucket a safe distance from the house.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Things to do in Atlanta: Festivals, Restaurants, Events from the AJC
  2. 2 Day care provider gets probation for trying to hang toddler, running o
  3. 3 Emergency crews respond to duck boat accident on Table Lake in Branson

More from Accessatlanta