- Najja Parker The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Christmas morning can be an exciting time for families. While parents want to see their children happy as they open presents, they also want to make sure they’re safe.
That’s easier to do thanks to the World Against Toys Causing Harm, an organization that monitors toy safety, because it has just released its annual “10 Worst Toys” list.
To determine the results, researchers examined products with “poor design, manufacturing and marketing practices” that have the “potential to lead to serious injury and even death,” the site read.
They also scouted “toys with inconsistent and inadequate warnings, cautions and age recommendations as well as other classic safety hazards that continue to re-appear year after year,” they said.
The Hallmark “Itty Bittys” stacking toy was a part of the round-up. While it was recalled over the summer due to fabric pieces to could pose a choking hazard, it is still available online.
The group also also highlighted Tolo Toys’ Pull Along Pony. It’s marketed for kids over age 1, but the chord is 19-inches-long.
Nerf’s Zombie Strike Zone was the list, too. It’s pull back lever is dangerous, because it could cause injuries to the face and eyes.
Want to know what other toys were on the list? Take a look at the top 10 below.
1. Hallmark “Itty Bittys” Baby Stacking Toy
2. Tolo Toys Pull-Along Pony
3. Mattel Wonder Woman Battle Action Sword
4. Hand Fidgetz Spinners
5. Marvel Spider-Man Homecoming
6. Hasbro Nerf Zombie Strike Drone, Official Movie Edition
7. Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit
8. Oval XYLOPHONE
9. Razor Jetts Heel Wheels
10. Melissa & Doug Mine to Love Brianna Babydoll