- Najja Parker The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
To determine the results for its 2017 travelers' choice awards, researchers gathered and analyzed millions of reviews from hotels, restaurants and attractions over a 12-month period.
Overall, Savannah earned the No. 16 spot.
The city made the cut thanks to its various historical sites and museums. It also earned points for its fresh seafood, period architecture and oak-lined roads. According to the site, many visitors look forward to checking out the Bonaventure Cemetery, Forsyth Park and The Waving Girl Statue.
As for the first place winner, New York City came out on top, while places in Hawaii claimed the second, third and fourth positions.
Curious about how other areas fared? Take a look at the full list below.
- Wilderness, wildlife, bamboo and fossils: The Savannah you don't know
- 5 things for kids to do during a quick trip to Savannah
- 4 ways to find your national park in Georgia
- 6 Georgia roadside attractions worth the drive
- Hike these 5 beginner-friendly waterfall trails in North Georgia